By: Dawit Fanta
Surrogate Colonization-A New Challenge for the Amhara People
For the last twenty one years, the Amhara people were extremely exposed to the direct and indirect assault of the sworn enemy, TPLF. Among them the following are the major assaults:
- The annexation of arable lands from Amhara region to Tigray region which includes Humera, Tsegede, Alamata, Korem and so on.
- The massacre of thousands of Amhara people in Assebot, Bedeno and Gondar.
- The dissolution of Mechanized farmers and farm associations in Amhara region and let them and tens of thousands of families to abject poverty.
- Expulsion of hundreds of thousands of Amharas from different regions of the country and confiscation of their property;
- Demonizing the Amhara people as if it were favoured by the past rulers.
- Technical avoidance of the Amhara people from major economic arena; which is exposing them to economic genocide.
- Statistical Decimation of 2.5 million Amharas in order to uproot it from the political and economic life.
- Humiliation of the Amhara people by claiming officially that “the cause for elimination of 2.5 million Amharas is HIV-AIDS”; as if the Amhara people were promiscuous which is against the culture of Christianity.
- Granting an unofficially boarder villages of the Amhara region to the Sudan government without plebiscite and causing the indigenous people to forcible displacement.
- Firing of elite Amharas from Higher institutions. For example among the 42 Professors who were fired from Adiss Ababa University during the early years of TPLF in power, more than 32 were Amharas. And it is still continuing to screen out Amharas from the higher institutions in one or another way.
- Bankrupting successful Amhara businessmen and companies by allocating funded TPLF henchmen to tackle their business. Particularly after election 2005, it becomes common to bankrupt them at all cost and force them to exile.
- Eliminating highly placed Amhara officials from the Army and arrests them.
- Demoralizing the Amhara youths by re-writing history and mud-slinging on its history.
And currently the Amhara people are facing with a new type of assault called Surrogate Colonization in west and north Gondar to annex the North Mountains to Tigray region by displacing the indigenous people and replacing Tigrians under cover story of investment. Such surrogate colonization is taking effect after the North Mountains have been discovered that it is Gold and other minerals field.
We have left nothing with TPLF; we have been cornered, humiliated, persecuted, harassed, assaulted, exiled, locked-in jail, tortured, expelled, impoverished, confiscated and killed. We mustn’t have room for TPLF anymore!!! We must fight it by all possible means until we regain our freedom!!! We must stand firm until we assure our very existence on our soil!!! We must struggle desperately until we tear apart the reins of the Quasi-occupiers!!! And we mustn’t quit until we drive the last nail over the coffin of TPLF!!!
You can leave a comment below.