The legitimate synod of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church has issued a resolution regarding Woyanne’s secret border agreement with Sudan. Click here to read [pdf, Amharic]
Six ways of looking at this:
1. Hindsight: the remaking of Ethiopia, undoing with the established borders to create a new Ethiopia, be the motive, retaliatory or remenescient
2. Foresight: Creating a borderless Horn of Africa Region in light of the New World Order’s regionalization
3. The Immediate Reaction: An expediant appeasement in the interest of temporary peace-at-any-cost, in view of focusing on mitigation of “poverty”
4. A deliberate creation of a time bomb or a bone of contention
5. A genuine mistake having been misled by outside and/orinside forces
6. A genuine settlement of the age-old border dispute
There may be other reasons also. However, whatever the case may be, there should not have been a ‘back door deal’, i.e., without the consent of the Ethiopian people or their parliament.
This a timely message from the Holy Synod in exile on a critical national issue to which every organized group should pay attention and take a similar stand. The holymen in the EOTC, particualry, the Holy Synod, has the moral and spiritual obligation to take a vanguard stand on issues that affect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of our beloved country. Those who unknowingly lament and criticize our religious men for speaking out against dictatorship in our country should recognize that no other organized group has the moral obligation than the clergy to voice the wrongs of tyranny. Give the Holy Synod a thumb up for taking a couregeous stand.
Ethiopian Review is proudly powered by
and Comments (RSS).