A recently published book titled “መለስ ዜናዊ እና የህወሓት የትግል ጉዞ” (Meles Zenawi and TPLF’s Journey of Struggle) that worships Ethiopia’s genocidal tyrant is being widely circulated in Ethiopia. The official author of the book is Col. Iyasu Mengesha, but the writing style and similarities with previous statements indicate that the actual writer is Meles himself, according to Aregawi Berhe, former head the Tigray People Liberation Front (TPLF). In short, Meles is the ghost writer of Col. Iyasu’s book.
Ato Aregawi also argues that the book can only be considered as fiction (click here to read). The following are some fiction presented as facts in the book:
1. respects and defends freedom of speech.
2. is a respected and great leader!
3. is a founding member of TPLF (Aregawi says that Meles and Sebhat joined TPLF several months after it was formed.
4. doesn’t have a hand in the 1976 Greater Tigray Manifesto.
5. was a brave fighter [the book points out heroic battlefield acts].