By Tolossa GK
One-family ruling party
1. Meles Zenawi – Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) chairman, TPLF Politburo chairman, Marxist-Leninist League of Tigray chairman, Ethiopian Peoples’ Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF) chairman, and Prime Minister
2. Azeb Mesfin – (Meles Zenawi’s wife) – former head of Mega Enterprises (she ran the company into the ground), currently a member of parliament and chairperson of the Social Affairs Committee
3. Sebhat Nega – TPLF Politburo member, Meles Zenawi’s personal advisor, behind the scene controls the Endowment Fund For Rehabilitation of Tigray (EFFORT), an NGO in name, but a TPLF business conglomerate in realty, controlling some of the largest industries in the country
4. Kidusan Nega (Sebhat Nega’s sister) – Mekele Mayor and TPLF Central Committee member
5. Tsegay Berhe (Kidusan Nega’s husband) – Tigray Killil president and TPLF Politburo member
6. Aberash Nega (Sebhat Nega’s sister) – ran for Addis Ababa City Council in May election (with her two cousins) but not elected.
7. Sebhat Nega’s sister is Eritrea’s defense minister Sebhat Ephrem’s wife
8. Arkebe Okubay (whose sister is the wife of TPLF Central Committee member Adis Alem Balema) – a member of the TPLF Politburo, an advisor to Meles Zenawi, and former Mayor of Addis Ababa
9. Berhane Gebre Kristos (brother of Arkebe Okubay’s wife Nigist Gebre Kristos) – TPLF Central Committee member, former Ambassador to the USA and current Ambassador to Brussels, Belgium
10. Tirufat Kidane Mariam (Abay Woldu’s wife) – Meles Zenawi’s justice and security chief, and TPLF Central Committee member.
11. Abay Woldu (Turufat Kidane Mariam’s husband) – a TPLF Politburo member
12. Mulugeta Alemseged – Meles Zenawi’s nearest family member, Meles Zenawi’s security chief and personal body guard
13. General Berhane Negas – Meles Zenawi’s palace security chief and the Godfather of Meles Zenawi’s daughter