Breaking News. Israel and Qatar mediate between Eritrean and Ethiopia
Breaking News..Rubansaba: 03-13-2012..Israel and Qatar mediate between Eritrean and Ethiopia ..some representatives of both countries arrived in Germany Rubansaba 03-13-2102 : Different sources this week have confirmed that the Eritrean government and the Ethiopian government are going to have preliminary meeting in Germany on March the 20th, already some representatives of both countries arrived in Germany.
The mediating that is Israel and Qatar shuffled to both Eritrea and Ethiopia a five point plan:
1. Qatar will lease the Eritrean port of “Assab” for 20 years and Ethiopia will use the port.
2. Ethiopia will be committed to demarcate the border, restore “Bademe” to Eritrea, and withdraw its troops.
3. Both countries work to normalize the social relations between them.
4. Both countries work on normalizing diplomatic and political relations.
5. People affected by the 1998-2000 war to be compensated with the help of donors.
At this time, the Eritrean ruling party “PFDJ” is clearing the way for the negotiation by reshuffling its ministers, administrators, diplomats and military leaders, which is believed to enable the government to get rid of any official who may potentially oppose the above negotiation.