Ethiopian News, Current Affairs and Opinion Forum
DefendTheTruth

Ethiopia's Elon Musk?

Post by DefendTheTruth » 03 May 2024, 17:30

I have to say I didn't come across someone before who speaks the English language without any accent while also grown-up in Addis, the more you are fluent in a language, the more you are also smart, someone with smart ideas.

Kidus Asfaw is such a man, I think, he could have been also our own Elon Musk, if only also given the same opportunity like the latter.

Kubik is a COP28 Climate Actionist!
We turn plastic waste into low-carbon buildings​
At Kubik, we have a technology that helps countries reduce their carbon and plastic footprint - all while making safe, durable, and affordable buildings that everyone can enjoy.
https://www.buildkubik.com/

AfroTech
Kubik Reportedly Becomes First Ethiopian Company To Earn A Multi-Million-Dollar Investment In Climate And Sustainability Solutions
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/kubik-re ... 25306.html

Affable

Re: Ethiopia's Elon Musk?

Post by Affable » 03 May 2024, 19:07

I agree. I am impressed by his fluency of the English language, and his masterful presentation of the topic.
By the way guys Sam Ebalalehu ceases to exist. Instead affable is talking over.

DefendTheTruth

Post by DefendTheTruth » 04 May 2024, 07:45

Affable wrote:
03 May 2024, 19:07
I agree. I am impressed by his fluency of the English language, and his masterful presentation of the topic.
By the way guys Sam Ebalalehu ceases to exist. Instead affable is talking over.
Welcome back Our friend, you are welcome as long as you remain a man of reason, which is in short supply on this forum.

You can be a sympathizer or out right opponent to a given cause but stay in line with having a reason while doing so, only reason can liberate us and set us free at the end of the day. This is my welcome back gift to you!

Affable

Post by Affable » 04 May 2024, 08:56

By the way I haven’t abandoned Sam Ebalalehu for nefarious reason. My friend , Revelation, shut me out, unable to defreeze a frozen login .
Recently. I noticed the vibrant political and policy fight I used to know existing in ER no longer operational. When ER customers choose ER to be an አሉባልታ መንደር , I believe, everybody is losing.
Even at the time that I thought ER was somehow dynamic, አሉባልታ has been the subset. Now, it becomes the dominant factor. For the sake of having healthy discussion that has to be changed.
You know when Sarcasm opts to not have a single post let alone a dozen a day it is reasonable to question the viability of ER. We could change that.
Last edited by Affable on 04 May 2024, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Affable

Post by Affable » 04 May 2024, 08:56

By the way I haven’t abandon Sam Ebalalehu for nefarious reason. My friend , Revelation, shut me out, unable to defreeze a frozen login .
Recently. I noticed the vibrant political and policy fight I used to know existing in ER no longer operational. When ER customers choose ER to be an አሉባልታ መንደር , I believe, everybody is losing.
Even at the time that I thought ER was somehow dynamic, አሉባልታ has been the subset. Now, it becomes the dominant factor. For the sake of having healthy discussion that has to be changed.
You know when Sarcasm opts to not have a single post let alone a dozen a day it is reasonable to question the viability of ER. We could change that.

Naga Tuma
Member+

Post by Naga Tuma » 04 May 2024, 11:33

This sounds a successful business startup.

That said, the analogy with Elon Musk sounds a stretch.

So, some ideas to think about.

He sounds too good to be stuck in a recycling business.

Compared to recycled materials, there are more abundant construction materials (soil, rocks, and water) all around the world for sustainable development.

So, it doesn’t sound a right analogy for recycled materials to have a niche like Elon Musk had.

In my limited thinking about the niche that made Elon Musk successful:

First, the atom was discovered.

Then electrons, protons, and the nucleus of the atom were discovered.

Then electricity was discovered from a spark of electrons.

Thomas Edison also discovered Direct Current for the flow of electrons.

Nikola Tesla discovered Alternating Current for the flow of electrons.

As the saying goes, the rest is history about the power of electronics.

I am using my rusty memory about the subject here to make a point.

The clever and clever by half Americans tapped into the power of electronics almost exclusively and produced the world’s leading billionaires time after time: Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and Elon Musk.

Clever, because that is history in and of itself.

Clever by half, because you put a bunch of Teslas on the road and recall the bunch off the road after just a little while.

Now, just imagine how the power of electronics was tapped into and became the source of accumulating the dollar.

This startup depended on funding, right?

If the founder is too good to be stuck in a recycling business, may be he could find a good MBA for CEO for it and imagine something that could make him even bigger than Elon Musk.

Yes, you read that right.

I don’t mean to put a word in his mouth. Just throwing out there what is in my mind.

Electricity gave us another source of light in addition to sun light, which is abundant in Africa.

Can he tap into sun light and make it a niche for generating income and become independent from funding? I don’t have a conclusive answer.

My preliminary knowledge about the power of solar energy is that it is possible.

Somebody made it sound like buying bulbs and batteries to have a flashlight in hand. Just an analogy.

Somebody else said they have done it for one family in one African country. I couldn’t help asking immediately why they can’t do it all over the country and electrify it while making it a profitable business for themselves. Government bureaucracy gets in the way was the explanation for the failure to do so.

You have a proof of concept here. You can give an African family additional source of light from sun light and extend the day with light by hours for them. Imagine giving an African family four extra hours of light in one day and that you were able to do it for one million families. That would be four million extra hours of light everyday altogether. If the business is profitable, it also means income for the business everyday.

I would contribute every penny I can to effectively remove bureaucracy that gets in the way of getting more lights for any family, including those in Africa.

Add to that the projected urban growth in the coming years, which means urban planning would be in high demand.

Africa is vast. That means lighting it would be in vast demand, its urban planning would be in vast demand. Fortunately, it also has vast sun shine to tap into for successful people like him.