As far as the Ethiopian empire is concerned, the right step to the right direction now is to rise up in unison, if we want to move from dictatorship to democracy, which is actually possible only in the decolonized nations, who are suffering under dictatorship of the rulers from their own respective nations. Even though I don’t think that liberation through democratization is so effective in empires like Ethiopia, where nations are fighting firstly for collective national liberation and then secondly for individual citizens’ liberty, we can take the unique situation of the Ethiopian empire into consideration and try to find a unique solution, such as a public uprising in unison (revolution)! Here is the necessity of reconciling the difference between the two opposition blocs against Woyane regime: the Amhara pro-integration bloc struggles for only ‘individual liberty’, whereas the Oromo pro-independence bloc fights for both ‘collective liberation and individual liberty’! This suggests that the struggle of the Amhara bloc (for individual liberty) can be considered as part of the struggle of the Oromo bloc (which includes individual liberty to collective liberation). Unless there is a sort of such compromise between these two opposition blocs to cooperate and coordinate their actions against the Woyane fascists, it is very easy for the Woyane to play the divisive political game by balancing the two blocs, beating them turn by turn as it did till now and by further making the two neutralize each other.
Oromo nation is the one who loses nothing, when Woyane loses everything through the possible revolution and especially if both freedom and democracy be realized in that country in the future, whatever the future type of sovereignity as a result will be: independent Oromia, true ethnic Federation or unitary Ethiopia. But, I think an independent Oromia in an integrated Ethiopia (collective national liberation including individual personal liberty) is the possible compromise solution for the hitherto face-off between the pro-independence Oromo forces and the pro-integration Amhara forces, so that they can work together to help the expected revolution erupt and to get rid of the fascist and racist Woyane. As far as the Oromo are concerned, I hope all Oromo patriots in all Oromo political organizations will agree with each other in the future and act in tandem to struggle for Oromian independence and Oromian unity, also taking into consideration the the necessary unity of the region at the following levels:
- at Finfinne level: to attain and maintain that Finfinne be the cultural, economic and political center of Oromo and Oromia; to be build as a core of our Oromo nation, that means Finfinne is like our Oromo heart; and to promote it be the center of all the other levels of unity; i.e the capital city of the unity at the level of Oromia, level of Ethiopia, level of the Horn and level of Africa.
- at Oromian level: in addition to having Finfinne as a core, to attain and maintain our national liberty and national unity in a form of Oromian independence and Oromian integration unconditionally, because Oromia is like our Oromo body.
- at Ethiopian level: after securing Oromian independence and Oromian unity, we do have no problem with a possible Ethiopian union, which can be considered as our Oromo inner clothing, like a shirt, which we can put on or take off based on our political will and our necessity.
- at the Horn level: a union, which will be based and build on an independent and an integrated Oromia, will be just advantageous for Oromia in particular, and for the Horn region in general, which is our Oromo middle clothing, like a coat.
- at African level: a federation/union with Finfinne as its capital or with Oromia as a center of African politics is simply a glory for Oromia, which is like our Oromo overcoat.
Last but not least, a compromise solution is not an optimal (best) solution. It is always a temporary solution till one will be in a position to demand the optimal result. That is why ‘Oromian autonomy within Ethiopian union’ (true ethnic federation = independent Oromia within integtrated Ethiopia = national self-determination with multi-national democracy = self-rule with shared rule = internal self-determination =…etc) is only a temporary solution for the Oromo question, as a prelude to the optimal solution, i.e a prelude to the referendum on: ‘Oromia autonomy within Ethiopian union’ vs ‘Oromian independence within African union’. A lasting and optimal solution is only the one, for which the Oromo majority will vote during the public verdict. The Oromo people have nothing to lose if we can decide per referendum in the future, be it for ‘independent Oromia’ or for ‘ethnic Ferderation’ or for ‘unitary Ethiopia’, as long as we can and will achieve both freedom and democracy. So, our future common values and virtues are these two concepts (freedom and democracy), for which we can have an all-inclusive alliance against the fascist and racist Woyane. I do believe that our colonizers (Abyssinian ruling class) also will be compelled in due time to learn accepting and respecting this vision as their own long term goal. Hopefully, the popular mass of both the Amhara and the Tigrai also will slowly start to struggle for the self-determination of their own respective nations in order to then forge the lasting commonly advantageous union of independent nations in the Horn region, based on the public verdict of all the stakeholders.
- Can Overcoming the ‘Amhara Elites Vs Oromo Elites’ Face-off Help the Possible Revolution in Ethiopia Erupt? ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26834
- My last advice for the suffering Amharas and Oromos! ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9169
- G-7 and OLF discussing on UNITY: enjoy! ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11552
- Oromian National Liberty & Ethiopian Regional Unity!( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11614
- ALL against one EVIL: current slogan of the opposition! ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9071
- Why was it easy for Meles’ regime to rule over Ethiopians? ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16186
- Independent Oromia in Integrated Ethiopia: fact or fancy? ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1735