At a press conference this morning with House GOP leaders, House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH) addressed the nation’s spiraling debt and President Obama’s lack of leadership on this critical issue:
“Look, we’re broke. We’re $13 trillion in debt, and 43 cents of every dollar the federal government spends this year we’re going to have to borrow and pass the bill on to our kids and grandkids. Last month, only 41,000 private-sector jobs were created in our country. As bad as things are, Democrats aren’t even going to move a budget.
“Now, every family knows that in difficult times it’s even more important to do a budget. And yet, Peter Orszag yesterday said, ‘well, we’re not going to send any budget cuts up to the Hill because nothing would happen to them.’ Well, I think it’s time for Democrats here on Capitol Hill to start listening to the American people. They want spending cut and they want it cut now. And I’m wondering, why isn’t the President looking for someone’s ‘a– to kick’ on this subject?”
- President Obama Needs to “Step Up, Exhibit Real Leadership”
- Sorry America, Even We Can’t Stop Dems’ Out-Of-Control Spending Spree
- Democrats Don’t Have the Votes to Pass Budget
- Boehner: “President Obama Has Run Out of Excuses for His Broken Promises on the Economy”
- President Offers “Disingenuous Attacks, Not Answers”