Washington - House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH) today marked the three-month anniversary of President Obama’s government takeover of health care by releasing a report outlining its broken promises. Entitled “ObamaCare: Three Months of Broken Promises,” the report measures the law’s across-the-board failure to live up to Washington Democrats’ specific promises, including creating jobs, lowering costs, reducing the deficit, and protecting seniors’ benefits.
The report also examines Republicans’ coordinated offensive to address the rising public backlash against the new law and promote better solutions focused on lowering costs and protecting jobs.
“This report chronicles ObamaCare’s broken promises in the three months since it became law,” Boehner said. “The American people remain squarely opposed to this government takeover of health care that has already failed to live up to specific promises made by President Obama and Washington Democrats. Republicans are listening to the American people, and fighting to repeal ObamaCare so we can replace it with common-sense reforms focused on lowering costs and protecting jobs.”
- On Fox, Boehner Highlights ObamaCare’s Broken Promises, GOP’s Better Solutions
- Boehner: “President Obama Has Run Out of Excuses for His Broken Promises on the Economy”
- Boehner Releases “Stuck on ‘Stimulus’” Policy Report
- GOP’s ObamaCare Offensive Continues With New Report, YouCut Vote
- Democrats Vote to Protect ObamaCare, Americans Continue to Speak Out