I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- According to the Fiji Government, the total rehabilitation cost following Tropical Cyclone (TC) Tomas is estimated to be FJ$67 million (US$34.8 million). The vast majority of this amount is being requested for agricultural rehabilitation. The figure may increase, since the compilation of Detailed Damage Assessment (DDA) is ongoing.
- The result of the DDA conducted by the Fiji Government will be available early next week while the updated result of the Fiji Red Cross Society (FRCS) assessment will be ready by the end of this week. These two assessment reports will provide a better picture on recovery needs as well as residual humanitarian needs.
- The Fiji Government reiterates that priority areas at this stage are: rehabilitation of education facilities, rehabilitation of damaged and destroyed houses, as well as additional food rations.
(United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA))
- Fiji: Tropical Cyclone Tomas Situation Report No. 3
- Fiji: Tropical Cyclone Tomas Situation Report No. 6
- Fiji: Cabinet provided with status report on relief, rehab. and recons. efforts for TC Tomas
- TROPICAL CYCLONE TOMAS: Red Cross Doing More, Doing Better, Reaching Further
- Fiji: Red Cross Assists Over 7,800 people