FORT WORTH, Texas – A local man was sentenced on Tuesday to the maximum statutory sentence of 10 years in prison, without parole, following his guilty plea in December 2009 to one count of possessing child pornography. The sentence was announced by U.S. Attorney James T. Jacks of the Northern District of Texas. The case was investigated by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
Arlington, Texas, resident, Tung Ngo, 43, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Terry R. Means on April 13. In addition to the 120-month prison term, Judge Means ordered that Ngo, who has been in custody since his arrest in late August 2009, serve a lifetime of supervised release.
On Aug. 28, 2009, an ICE agent visited the Ngo residence in Arlington based on a lead from a local ICE undercover investigation. The lead concerned a target at the Ngo residence, who was allowing child pornography to be viewed via the Internet. Ngo allowed the agents to search his computer and related storage media, and child pornography was discovered. Ngo admitted he knowingly possessed and acquired child pornography on his computer from the Internet. He admitted using the search terms, “PTHC” and “preteen hardcore” in acquiring his child pornography.
The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Alex C. Lewis, Northern District of Texas.
This investigation was part of Operation Predator, a nationwide ICE initiative to protect children from sexual predators, including those who travel overseas for sex with minors, Internet child pornographers, criminal alien sex offenders, and child sex traffickers. Since Operation Predator was launched in July 2003, ICE agents have arrested more than 12,000 individuals.
- Dallas man admits possessing child pornography, faces 20 years in federal prison
- Fort Worth man sentenced to 41 months for possessing child pornography
- Dallas man admits possessing child pornography, faces 20 years in federal prison His computer containing child pornography was recovered at a local pawn shop
- Wisconsin man sentenced to 8 years in prison for possessing child pornography
- Houston man sentenced to 78 months in prison for possessing child pornography